Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ayer Hitam Forest Reserve - Tinnitus

F
The latest trip to Ayer Hitan Forest Reserve in Puchong is my first hiking trip this year.  Since the slip disc incidence in Sg Chilling, I switched back my weekend exercise to brisk walking and swimming.  I enjoy swimming as it helps  to strengthen my back.  In fact when I go to the gym these days, I don't miss doing the physio routines that I learned from the physio team in Subang Jaya Medical Centre.   Thank God, I am in much better condition now.  However, I don't think I am ready for major hiking trip! 
Now, I added another health condition to my present state.   The medical condition is called tinnitus, the perception of sound within the human ear in the absence of corresponding external sound or in short a ringing or similar sensation of sound in the ears!  I always hear hissing, buzzing and whistling sounds in my left ear.  It made feel imbalanced and caused me to have headache.   Since that incidence I have been on MC for 4 days.  
What I learned from this trip, the noises from the jungle help to neutralize whatever sounds that I had in my left ear.    I felt so relaxed and the buzzing and hissing sound were gone temporarily.  As of today, the sounds were still there and I really hope it's not permanent.  In the meantime, I always put on my earphone to listen to nature sounds to help me neutralize the cricket's sounds in my left ear! 

2 comments:

atiRade0N said...

sekarang dah bukak kat public balek ke bang? seblom ni die closed kan?

Anonymous said...

eh bro the place is open to public anot??and the place main entrance is near a flat house right??just asking cause im not sure but planing to make a trip there with frens..