Sunday, January 30, 2011
Monday, January 24, 2011
|Loser #1 has also started his breakfast diet on muesli! It's a very healthy breakfast and the oat content and other fibers helped in bringing down cholesterol level. Stay on for more updates!|
Friday, January 21, 2011
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
- I am very excited about the trip to Mount Marapi, Bukittinggi. So far, I have got 6 people confirmed their participation. It's just a nice number as I don't want to have that many people in the first place.
- So far, one person has already booked his ticket. As for me, I'll do that either thsi week or next week, the latest.
- As for the itinerary there, I just 'copy and paste' the email from the tour agent in Padang as below:
You will be met and greet service at Bandara International Minangkabau, then we take you to local restaurant to have breakfast ( Optional ), after that we drive up to Bukittinggi on the way stop at Anai Valley Water Fall and Nature Reserve, arrive in Bukittinggi check in to your hotel choice. Late at night 11 PM transfer to Koto Baru Village for climbing Mt. Marapi.
DAY 02.MT.MARAPI - BUKITTINGGI FREE & EASY ( B, D )
Pickup from Koto Baru Village and transfer to your Hotel.
Day time free on your own leasure.
DAY 03. BUKITTINGGI – BATU SANGKAR – PADANG ( B, L, D )
After breakfast, we then check out hotel, after that we drive you to Batu Sangkar on the way stop at Hj. Rosma Embroidery, Kiniko Coffee Milling after lunch at local restaurant we proceed to Padang, arrive in Padang city tour visit Muara Padang Beach, Old Harbor, Siti Nurbaya Bridge, Old Padang Town and Padang market, after dinner at local restaurant check in to your hotel choice
DAY 04. HOTEL – AIR PORT ( B )
After early breakfast, we then check out from the hotel and transfer to Airport and tour is end.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Monday, January 10, 2011
|It's a beautiful place. However due to its vicinity to housing area, it's full of mosquitoes. I'd go with long sleeve shirt and long pant if I were to come here again.|
|At the peak of the park, we reach the mausoleum area located next to the State Secretarial Building Complex.|
|Enjoy the pictures. They were all taken using my Blackberry device.|
Sunday, January 9, 2011
- These days a lot of people complain that they have put on weight and they are struggling to lose it. Once we enter the work life, our lives changed dramatically. We no longer move about that long and our desk bound jobs chain us to our desk and thus sedentary lives. It's all about rest, work and eat on a daily basis.
- And the food intakes have also changed when we enter the work life. To majority of us, we don't get to eat home cooked foods anymore as we are at the office during day time. We have our breakfast, lunches, dinners and high teas at restaurants near our offices. Typically, they are all carb laden diet. We can't get healthy foods that easily here in KL. Even if we can, it's normally more expensive than the usual local breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Therefore, it's no surprise that we put on weight easily. Even when we exercise, we can't seem to get rid of the bulging tummy. I am no exception. Why is it so? I am not an expert, however it's all about the calorie intake. How much can we exercise to lose a kg? 1kg is equivalent to 3,850 calories per week or 550 calories per day. Can you burn it by exercise alone? No way! We are all busy executives and we are not super fit to endure 1 hour or more on treadmill. 30 mins of treadmill will burn about 200 calories.
- So, how to lose weight? The answer to that is a combination of diet and exercise. Perhaps we can exercise 3 days a week and burn around 200 calories (that’s 600 calories weekly) and more rigorous exercise during weekends to burn 500 – 700 calories (hiking, jogging, swimming, etc). That means the exercise will burn about 1,300 calories. And we need to reduce the calorie intake by another 2,550 calories less a week (that means about 510 for 5 days consecutively). 510 calories is quite easy right? Perhaps, no more heavy breakfast, perhaps instead of full serving of rice for lunch, go for half serving (not even half serving) and perhaps can skip dinner on alternate day.
- With that note, I am pleased to launch KL's Biggest Loser (what a name!). A campaign for me and two other usual suspects to lose weight. And I'll monitor and update here. Good luck to three of us!
Sunday, January 2, 2011
I have a weird way of enjoying my roti canai. I haven't been eating the curry that comes together with it since I know how to enjoy it my weird way! I think the reason I like it this way is because I have sweet tooth! And I must say, it tastes really nice at the same time!
The ingredients are roti canai, condensed milk (not in the pic), nutmeg powder and cinnamon powder!
Put a generous amount of condensed milk on the roti canai (Alamak, terlebih banyaklah pulak!)
Sprinkle generous amount of cinnamon powder and 5 or 5 sprinkles of nutmeg powder. When did I begin to enjoy roti canai this way? I really have no idea and all I know is I am not the only one.
Roll it (macam kueh ketayap!) and it's ready! Try it!
My daughter loves it too!
Happy New Year!