Friday, January 21, 2011

Online News

These days, it's so convenient to look for news and information; there almost isn't anything that you can't find on the internet.  I used to take pride the fact that I don't read newspaper.  It was true as I hate turning the pages of newspaper to go through the news that I hate on murder, rape, robbery, etc.  If I were to read news, I'd want to go straight away to the sections that I am interested in, namely business, technology, health & fitness and sports.  With the latest technology, I can be alerted on the latest news via twitter on my blackberry.  I'd just need to scroll down the news items and choose the one that I am interested to read. 


I also have the options of subscribing to the international news via the free applications.  My two favourite news channels/magazines are Time and MSNBC. It's all on my palm these days and I really don't have to read newspaper anymore.  Instead, I'd just read the online version! 

How about social networking?  It goes without saying, with the proliferation of smart phones of various brands, it's now social networking on the go (mobile social network). No wonder more than 39% of Malaysians are connected to Facebook these days, that accounts for more than 9 millions population of this country.
The above is my latest status update.  Happy Thaipusam!

No comments: