Tuesday, August 10, 2010


I made it to Gunung Angsi via Bukit Putus last Sunday. I was worried as I had just recovered from my slip disc. Worried that it'd be tough and it'd involve a lot of squatings and bendings. It turned out that the trail was very very simple and I had no problem at all in completing the journey. I felt the strain on my back but it was bearable.

When we reached there at around 8.15am, there were already so many cars lined up the roadsides and other hikers were already warming up to go up. We took the opportunity to be friendly to them to get more info about the trail. We were told it wouldn't take more than 2 hours to reach the summit. True enough, even though I was going at a slower pace yet I reached the summit within 1 hour 50 minutes.
It's the typical trails and it's quite steep as well. However, it wasn't that long. It was enough to make me sweat!

We stayed up at the peak for about 15 minutes and decided to come down as quickly as possible as it was very cloudy, rain was coming! It never did while we were there and it only rained for a while when we stopped at Senawang to have our lunch.

We joined a group of friends who had already got their permanent campsite around 30 minutes midway to the summit. They come here every Sunday to clean up the place and to hike. We can sleep here if we want too as tables, chairs and stools were there. On that day, they prepared 'bubur pulut hitam' using dead woods from the jungle for fire and water from the mountain for cooking. It was the most delicious bubur that I had ever tasted up on a mountain!

Back to the starting point in slightly less than 4 hours!
It was a very relaxing experience and I'll definitely come back again and again. It's going to be my other playground, after Bukit Tabur!
Short entry for a short hiking experience! Last kopek before Ramadhan and I wish everyone Selamat Berpuasa.

1 comment:

Small Hiker said...

Let me know when you go there and perhaps I can join your group as well.