Thursday, October 28, 2010

Orienteering - Not Well

1.  I have been sick since last Sunday, having fever and bad sore throat.  Went to see doctor and got MC on Monday.  However, I didn't recover on the next day, instead of getting another MC I told my boss I'd take EL.  That's me, I was recovering and I prefer not to see doctor just for MC. 

2. And on Wednesday (yesterday), I thought I was okay and went to the office as usual.  And I went to the gym too as it's my routine to go there every Mon, Wed and Fri.  Everything went well until I took shower after the work-out. By the way, it's my first shower since the day I got sick!

3.  Half hour after the shower, I developed temperature again and suddenly my sore throat got worse.  To make the throat condition worse, I had to conduct the first part of induction program for the office.  From there, it was sliding down. 

4.  I was just chatting with John and told him this kind of fever is not easy to go away. And I got it every now and then, it'd last for a week or two.  I'd still go to work but I'd feel uncomfortable as I got mild fever, sore throat and headache.  Years ago, I'd always remember to pop in vitamin C so as not to have fever towards end of the year!  It had been super peak at the office, with so many renewal slides to do, renewal meetings to attend, negotiation and requote on renewals, never ending servicing issues and not to forget collection!  But now, I am in Human Capital Division and there are no more peaks and super peaks when it comes to work.  So, what's wrong with me? 

5.  I guess the vitamin C helps a lot regardless whether I want to be in good health to prepare for the year end rush or just to stay healthy!  So, from now onwards, Small Hiker will make it a point to take his daily dosage of vitamin C.  The question is how much to take?  I used to take 2000mg daily and for a few years.  Perhaps, I don't need that much and perhaps not daily?

6. Anyway, regardless of my condition, I'd still go for orienteering program that's been scheduled this week.  I'll be driving there with two passengers in my car. I may not be actively participating but I will surely have fun and enjoy it!

6 comments:

ian yusof said...

Basically, it's not harmful to take vitamin C in excess as it will be discharged thru your urine if not being used by body.

Last Friday, my body was about to 'shutdown' as well. I took 1.5L of acerola juice (known to be very high in Vit C), and the next day everything went back to normal. alhamdullilah. Yes, Vitamin C is very powerful indeed.

Small Hiker said...

Tuan Ian - thank you for the comment. It's really helpful.

sahromnasrudin said...

SALAM..benar itu..vitamin C sgt diperlukan dlm tubuh kita..fresh orange byk membantu huhuhuh

Anonymous said...

Get well soon. Try Bio C Plus from Nutrilite (Amway).

cinda نورأزيندا said...

orienteering cum shopping ! what a day....

Small Hiker said...

En. Sahrom & Arman, thank you for the advice.
Cik Azinda, free & easy is so much fun!