Monday, February 8, 2010

BUKIT TABUR - WEST SIDE

بِسْــــــــــــــــــــــمِ اﷲِارَّحْمَنِ ارَّحِي
My first Bukit Tabur trip with my colleagues this year ended up with only one colleague and 4 other friends including 3 Japanese guys.

It was meant for guys only as I refused to be responsible for the ladies. After Peak 9, Bukit Tabur offers some difficult challenges where we'd have to do rock climbing. There were people who turned back at this level as it's too challenging to them. The pictures below can't reflect the real challenges up there for us but they can give some ideas! I had to to keep the camera in my backpack when the trail became very steep, hence not much pictures too!



One of the hikers (not in my team) going up the steep trail. One of the easier rock climbing challenges.

The above picture was taken right after Peak 9. My first two trips there, I didn't dare to scale up the slope as it was too steep for me and at the same time, I didn't have the experience as yet. After a while, I felt challenged by it as I noticed other people could just do it with ease! Once I managed to get it done, there was turning back and I enjoyed the West Side because of the rock climbing.





Loofah gourd - this was taken on the way down, upon reaching the first occupied house on the hill.


While waiting for the rest to reach the finish line, I took the above picture. It could be better! And I still don't know how to make the full use of the camera that I just bought.
I really don't have anything planned as yet for the rest of the year. Amongst others, I am planning to go up to Gunung Rajah, Pine Tree Hill, Gunung Yong Yap and Gunung Ulu Sepat. At least I cover 2 of G7 this year. Or may be 4? See how it goes!

No comments: