Monday, February 22, 2010

GUNUNG ANGSI - FEB 21

Went to Gunung Angsi last Sunday with another 10 others. It's my second time there and the first time joining this group. I was connected to this group by an office mate. They are preparing themselves for Mount Kinabalu. And as for me, I was there to recce the place as I'm going there again this Saturday with colleagues.

Gunung Angsi has got some similarities with Gunung Nuang where we need to hike along a never ending road to go to the start line. The climb for Gunung Angsi will only begin after we have hiked for about 1.5 hours and crossed the same stream twice.

When the real fun began, we already consumed almost half of our 1.25 liters of bottled water. Based on this, 2 liters of water would be advisable for Gunung Angsi.

Gunung Angsi is rather hot, hot at the peak and hot at some trails! There is hardly any shade at the peak! If hikers were to begin climbing at 8am, they would only reach the peak 3 hours later at 11am. The sun was already scorching hot at hour.

Yup, it took us almost 3 hours to reach the peak! When we came down, some of us ran. I did that too, for a few minutes and decided later on to go slow. I really don't want to put so much pressure to my weak knees. Ahh! Old age is catching up!

We completed the journey almost 7 hours later. In our case, we stopped over to have a dip in the cold water of the stream and had some fish doctor to bite on my dead skin. It's very relaxing!

It was a good and tiring trip and I enjoyed it. Again, Gunung Angsi is really nothing on the summit, it's all about the journey to get there. As the old adage goes "It's not the destination that matters, it's the journey!"

Enjoy the pictures!

















Fish Spa!