Friday, February 26, 2010

BACKPACK - OSPREY

بِسْــــــــــــــــــــــمِ اﷲِارَّحْمَنِ ارَّحِي


Last week, I accompanied a friend to Low Yatt and I also needed to go to Berjaya Times Square to collect my electronic equipment that I sent for repair from Sony.

Next to Sony Centre, there is a TearProof outlet and they were having their last day of Sale. After browsing through the products and confirming with a friend, I decided to buy a hiking backpack. It's Osprey's Kestrel 48. Should be sufficient for 6 days of hiking to Gunung Tahan!

I was thinking about buying Deuter, a German brand, but then too many of them around already. And Osprey is a quality brand from US.

It was the last day of Sale and I grabbed it at 25% discount. After discount, I had to pocket out RM463 and I hope it was a good decision. I need a good hiking back for my planned overnight trips. Of which, I'll start with G Nuang on Mar 20.

Below is write-up from their website on the product:

This is the ultimate "go anywhere, do anything" overnight pack. Use it for everything from a multi-day desert jaunt to an overnight hut trip. Two torso sizes and an adjustable harness provide custom fit. Our Airscape backpanel and a peripheral steel spring rod frame provide superb comfort.

•Unique Stow-On-The-Go™ trekking pole attachment
•Stretch lycra mesh front and side pockets
•Integrated raincover
•Hydration compatible
•Front daisies with bungee tie offs

Next item on the must buy list is tent. Bonus is in, not much though. But still, it's extra money to spend.... Hopefully, wisely.

No comments: