Friday, December 11, 2009

AIR HITAM FOREST RESERVE IS NOW CLOSED TO PUBLIC

I received an email from a friend informing me that the Forest Reserve is now closed to public. Apparently there is a notice at the entrance from Jabatan Perhutanan Selangor prohibiting people from entering. If trespassers are found entering the area, they can be prosecuted and fined up to RM10,000 or one year imprisonment.

Alamak! There it goes my hiking place, the one that is close to home! I have been there twice so far and was beginning to like it as a weekend hiking getaway!

Personally, I feel it should be open to public. I know for a fact that it's a research centre for a University. However, it's more beneficial if it's shared with the community, just like Bukit Gasing where it has become educational recreational centre that is open to the public. The University can do their research out of the trails so that whatever that they are doing will not be disturbed. Or better still if they do their reserach somewhere else in the real jungle. Natural resources like this should be shared with the public!

3 comments:

pilotHans said...

i believe it just reopened in a couple days..enter my travel logbook as i'll be going there soon !

pilotHans said...

i believe it just reopened in a couple days..enter my travel logbook as i'll be going there soon !

Small Hiker said...

Yohan, sorry I haven't been updating my blog. At the same time, it's raining. I will update soon!