1. It's been sometime, I don't update this blog. I have been busy as usual, as part of my recovery process, I swim on weekends and I am pleased with myself as I can also jog. I start jogging about two weeks ago. A friend said if I can jog that means I am ready for hiking.
2. And just to test my readiness for hiking, I went to Bukit Gasing last week. Armed with my camera, I hiked for about 2 hours. It was fun and it really brought back fond memories, as though, my last hiking outing happened years ago. In fact I only stopped hiking about a month ago.
3. I am going to Bukit Kutu this week with my colleagues and some friends. Bukit Kutu is located in Kuala Kubu Bharu, it's 1100 m asl. This is really a test whether I am really fit for more hiking. Sad to say, this will be the last event too before Ramadhan and Syawal. Anyway, I really look forward to it.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Traction machine at the hospital
1. Since the last incidence of muscle spasm and slip disc, I haven't been updating my the blog. I have been on physio treatment and this week, I'll do the last two sessions.
2. To those who are familiar with slip disc may know that the physiotherapist will teach us some movements on how to strengthen the spine. I have been doing the exercise everyday without fail.
3. As part of the physio treatment, I also have to do traction. Traction treatment help me to relive my back pain. It helps to stretch the tight spinal muscles and relieve me from the nerve root impingement.
4. Another treatment is Interferential Therapy (IFT), a form electrotherapy treatment.
5. After doing more than 4 treatments, I am almost back to my previous physical fitness, prior to Gunung Tahan.
6. I am still taking a break from hiking activities. If everything is okay, at least I want to go to our playground (Bukit Tabur) before Ramadhan.